Surveillance audit for GWO Blade Repair
We are pleased to report that the GWO Blade Repair course has been audited successfully.
A GWO auditor visited our training centre recently during the wind turbine blade repair training. His visit was for a mandated Surveillance audit. The Global Wind Organisation conducts such audits on an annual basis to ensure that the provider is appropriately performing its duties to deliver training under a particular programme.
This commonly entails ensuring conformity with set standards, which span everything from facilities and equipment to instructor qualifications and course participant assessment. Official GWO course providers must demonstrate a fast response to changes, whether in the training plan or in organisational requirements, with regular updates to the standards.
Thus, the auditor is looking for the following during the audit:
- The organisation of the training process, including appropriate documentation and records, risk assessment, and briefings as needed;
- Compliance of the training space, equipment, supplies, and other physical resources with the standard’s requirements;
- Qualifications of the trainer, relevance of his/her knowledge, and professional activity;
- The training process, its structure, the proportionality of participants and teachers, the distribution of both theoretical and practical course components, the duration of lessons, and so on.
According to the results of this planned inspection the Training Provider IQTC Management has demonstrated compliance within:
- Supporting processes
- Equipment and Physical Resources
- Instructor qualifications
- Training and Assessment
The auditor, in particular, reported the efficiency of the Blade Repair facilities maintenance plan, which was observed during the training demonstration. He further stated that the equipment and supplies used in training are the same as those applied in the real WTG work environment.
The Auditor has approved the existence of a defined and effective process for ensuring that thorough and updated exercise plans are clearly referenced against the most recent versions of the Blade Repair module. He has observed that the documentation for the BR module course No 420801EN fully complies with the requirements for programme implementation, including
- material resources;
- pedagogue qualification;
- description of practical works;
- practical exam order, including control measures checklist;
- theoretical exam order;
- and a newly developed Blade Repair lesson plan.
We thank the auditor for the visit and the positive review. However, we are aware of the areas in which we need to improve. That is why we do not rest on our laurels but strive to increase the level of the training.